|DalmakEsmerine CD / 180gLP / DL|
|Hero BrotherSarah Neufeld CD / 180gLP / DL|
|I Thought It Was Us But It Was All Of UsSaltland CD / 180gLP / DL|
|Mo7it Al-Mo7itJerusalem In My Heart CD / 180gLP / DL|
|New History Warfare Vol. 3:|
To See More LightColin Stetson CD / 2x180gLP / DL
|'ALLELUJAH! DON'T BEND! ASCEND! Godspeed You! Black Emperor 180gLP+7"/ CD / DL|
|Volume 02 Musique Fragile 3x180gLP / DL|
|Transit of VenusHangedup &|
Tony Conrad 180gLP/ DL
|Affaires ÉtrangèresPacha 180gLP/ DL|
|Vamp IreKanada 70 180gLP/ DL|
|Guitar & VoiceEric Chenaux CD / 180gLP / DL|
|DevastatesElfin Saddle CD / 180gLP / DL|
|The Something RainTindersticks CD / 180gLP / DL|
|Impossible SpacesSandro Perri CD / 180gLP / DL|
|Those Who Didn't RunColin Stetson 10" / DL|
|Keep Away the DeadSiskiyou CD / 180gLP / DL|
|In Animal TongueEvangelista CD / 180gLP / DL|
- And here's the next of our new releases for Summer-Fall 2013 – Dalmak, the fourth full-length LP from Esmerine. The album is out September 3, and it features a quartet of Turkish musicians with whom the group collaborated during a pair of visits to Istanbul over the past couple of years. Click through for info, including an MP3 from the album and handful Canadian tour dates in early September.
- 'ALLELUJAH! DON'T BEND! ASCEND! and New History Warfare Vol. 3 Longlisted for Polaris Music Prize 2013We've just heard that Godspeed You! Black Emperor's 'ALLELUJAH! DON'T BEND! ASCEND! and Colin Stetson's New History Warfare Vol. 3: To See More Light have been long-listed for the 2013 Polaris Music Prize, honouring "artistic integrity, without regard to musical genre, professional affiliation, or sales history." The 40-album long list will be pared down to 10 in July, followed by the handing out of the award itself in September. Nice work, team!
- With steam gathering towards the release of Hero Brother, her solo debut, Sarah Neufeld has just confirmed a handful of release shows to take place in Montreal, Toronto and New York to coincide with the album's August 20 release date. Click through for her complete summer tour schedule and to listen to the title track.
- After spending many of the past months over in the old country, the inimitable Eric Chenaux will soon be back on our side of the Atlantic, and he'll be playing a number of live dates in Ontario and Quebec in June and July. Click through for info.
- SUONI PER IL POPOLO 2013 + CONSTELLATION:
OSO BLANCO (feat. COLIN STETSON), SALTLAND, ERIC CHENAUX & RADWAN GHAZI MOUMNEH, PACHA, ELFIN SADDLE, HANGEDUP, NICK KUEPFERIt's the best music festival in the world. For real. Check out info on performances from Nick Kuepfer, Colin Stetson, Pacha, Xarah Dion (of Les Momies de Palerme), Saltland, Eric Chenaux & Radwan Moumneh, Elfin Saddle and Hangedup...
- I Thought It Was Us But It Was All Of Us, the debut release from Rebecca Foon's Saltland project, is now available. We've released album track "Treehouse Schemes" as a free MP3 to mark the occasion. Click through to download.
- In a few weeks Do Make Say Think will head out for a week of shows in the UK, France, and Belgium, bookended by appearances at both Primavera Sound Festival iterations in Barcelona and Porto. Click through for dates.
- Today we announce the first of our new releases for Summer-Fall 2013 – Hero Brother, the debut solo release from violinist Sarah Neufeld. It'll be released on August 20. Click through for info, including an MP3 from the album and tour dates.
- The mighty Godspeed You! Black Emperor have unveiled the first of their live dates for Summer and Fall 2013, taking in a bunch of continental Europe and the West Coast. Click through for the info.
- As we approach the May 14 release date for I Thought It Was Us But It Was All Of Us, the debut release from Rebecca Foon's Saltland project, the group has announced several dates in early May, when they'll hit Brooklyn, Montreal, Toronto, Guelph and London, Ontario. Click through for details.
- This morning Pitchfork premiered a new video for two clips from Colin Stetson's forthcoming New History Warfare Vol. 3: To See More Light. It pulls an excerpt from "In Mirrors" as well as Justin Vernon-assisted album-opener "And In Truth", with stunning visual work from Kurtis Hough, Dan Huiting and Tabb Firchau.
Watch it HERE.
- This morning our friends at Ad-Hoc launched a new video for "Unholy", from Saltland's forthcoming debut LP I Thought It Was Us But It Was All Of Us, in their words "an abstract montage of aqueous, chaotic patterns expanding and contracting, fitting with the atypically rhythmic, driving track." The video was conceived and directed by CST friends and allies Fernando and Christian, with camera work and editing by Alain Dufour and Maryse Latulippe.
Watch it here.
- Today our comrades at Tiny Mix Tapes premiered a new track from Jerusalem In My Heart's forthcoming debut album, Mo7it Al-Mo7it. Listen to "Koll lil-mali7ati fi al-khimar al-aswadi" here.
- And here's our third and final release for Spring 2013 – the debut album from Saltland, I Thought It Was Us But It Was All Of Us. Click through for info, including an MP3 from the album, or click here for the full run-down.
- Today we announce the second of our new releases for Spring 2013 – New History Warfare Volume 3: To See More Light, the much-anticipated third full-length album from saxophone visionary Colin Stetson. It'll hit stores on April 30. Click through for info, including an MP3 from the album, or click here for the full run-down. Colin will be out on the road for much of the Spring, spending the bulk of March in continental Europe and May in the United States and Canada. Check our tours page for the full schedule.