|SkullsplitterEric Chenaux CD / 180gLP / DL|
|COIN COIN Chapter Three: river run theeMatana Roberts CD / 180gLP / DL|
|NervousSiskiyou CD / 180gLP / DL|
|Once More With FeelingOught 10" / DL|
|Last ExLast Ex CD / 180gLP / DL|
|Zubberdust!Avec le soleil sortant de sa bouche CD / 180gLP / DL|
|Hang On To Each OtherThee SIlver Mt. ZIon Memorial Orchestra 150gEP / DL|
|Shortwave NightsHiss Tracts CD / 180gLP / DL|
|More Than Any Other DayOught CD / 180gLP / DL|
|BoyCarla Bozulich CD / 180gLP / DL|
|Spaced Out EPSandro Perri 180gEP / DL|
|Fuck Off Get Free We Pour Light On EverythingThee SIlver Mt. ZIon Memorial Orchestra CD / 180gLP / DL|
|Volume 02 Musique Fragile 3x180gLP / DL|
|COIN COIN Chapter Two: Mississippi MoonchileMatana Roberts CD / 180gLP / DL|
|The Big MangoLand of Kush CD / 180gLP / DL|
|DalmakEsmerine CD / 180gLP / DL|
|Hero BrotherSarah Neufeld CD / 180gLP / DL|
|I Thought It Was Us But It Was All Of UsSaltland CD / 180gLP / DL|
|Mo7it Al-Mo7itJerusalem In My Heart CD / 180gLP / DL|
|New History Warfare Vol. 3:|
To See More LightColin Stetson CD / 2x180gLP / DL
|Guitar & VoiceEric Chenaux CD / 180gLP / DL|
|DevastatesElfin Saddle CD / 180gLP / DL|
|The Something RainTindersticks CD / 180gLP / DL|
|'ALLELUJAH! DON'T BEND! ASCEND! Godspeed You! Black Emperor 180gLP+7"/ CD / DL|
- After carving out the first few months of the year for a well-deserved break from their relentless 2014 tour schedule, Ought will head back out for a handful of shows in Europe, in late May and into early June. Click through for dates.
- We're thrilled to say that Nervous, the much anticipated third LP from Vancouver's Siskiyou and Constellation's first new release of the year, is now available. Exclaim call Nervous "a lush, stunning baroque rock album", while CBC Music call it "a visceral and vibrant, risky and rewarding experience," and we couldn't agree more. Head over to the release page now for the full run-down and ordering info, or click through to watch a new video for album track "Jesus In The 70's", made by Siskiyou's own Colin Huebert.
- Matana Roberts' Coin Coin Chapter Three: river run thee, is now two weeks away from release, and until then the album will be streaming in its entirety at The Guardian. Head over there now to listen.
- Siskiyou's long-awaited third full-length is now a week from release. So far you've heard the thrilling album opener "Deserter", the smoldering "Violent Motion Pictures" ("at once expansive and claustrophobic, discordant and melodic," according to Line of Best Fit) and the mournful organ waves of "Wasted Genius", premiered by Consequence of Sound. We're thrilled to now unveil the complete work: until its release date on January 20, Nervous will be streaming in its entirety via CBC Music and Pandora Radio concurrently.
- Sarah Neufeuld has just announced a week of live dates in the United States in late May and early June, supporting St. Vincent. She'll join St. Vincent's tour in Madison, WI on May 26 and accompany it until June 3 in Richmond, VA. Click through for dates.
- With the release date for Nervous fast approaching, Siskiyou have let another track from the album out into the world. "Wasted Genius" was premiered this morning by Consequence of Sound, who describe "an unshakable air of anxiousness and forlorn throughout." Head over there now to hear it.
- Nervous, the long-awaited third full-length from Vancouver's Siskiyou and our first new release of 2015, hits stores in January. To help tide us all over through the new year, this morning The Line of Best Fit launch a new video for album track "Violent Motion Pictures", put together by experimental video artist Crystal Dorval. Click here to watch it now.
- Here's our third new release of 2015: Skullsplitter, the latest from experimental balladeer and outsider guitar hero Eric Chenaux. Skullsplitter continues the trajectory begun on 2012's Guitar & Voice, once again deploying the same deceptively simple toolkit after which that album took its title to elaborate a soundworld where Eric's signature fried guitar acrobatics seamlessly fuse with his singularly beautiful singing voice - heartbreaking, mindbending and brilliant. Click through for info and to hear the album's title track, or head straight over to our release page for the full run-down and preorder options.
- Here's our next new release on the way in 2015: river run thee, the third installment in Matana Roberts' visionary Coin Coin series. The album follows 2011's Gens de couleur libres and 2013's Mississippi Moonchile, both genre-exploding ensemble works showered with widespread critical acclaim. With Chapter Three Roberts presents a solo work, building a hallucinatory and hypnotic soundworld from layered streams of sung and spoken vocals, pure and processed saxophone, drones, noise, sampler/fx pedals and field recordings. Click through for info and to hear music from the album, or head straight over to our release page for the full run-down and preorder options.
- Here's our first new release of 2015: Nervous, the third album from Vancouver-based folk-tinged rock ensemble Siskiyou. After a long break, we're thrilled to have the group back in action, and we're honored to be offering this elegant and arresting collection of songs to open the year. The LP will be available in stores January 20. Click through for more info and to hear album opener "Deserter", or head over to its release page for the full run-down, including pre-order info.
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor will return to Europe for a month of live dates in April 2015. Click through for dates.
- Ought's Once More With Feeling... 10" is now a week away from its official release on October 28, and until then the 4-song EP will be streaming in full via Pitchfork Advance. Head over there now to hear it.
We're also pleased to let another new video from the band out into the world, this one for Once More With Feeling...'s thrilling centerpiece track (and regular live set-closer) "New Calm Pt. 2". The video was directed by Montreal filmmakers Aaliyeh Afshar and Max Taeuschel, and also premiered this morning by Pitchfork. Watch it now.
- With their debut full-length LP, Zubberdust!, now unleashed, Montreal quartet Avec le soleil sortant de sa bouche have offered us another dizzying and hallucinatory visual interpretation of music from the album, in collaboration with filmmaker Charles Barabé. The new clip, set to an abridged version of album track "Super pastiche fantastique / New Sun", was premiered on Monday via AdHoc. Head over there now to check it out.
- With the release of their new EP Once More With Feeling... less than two weeks away and their latest round of North American touring drawing to a close, Ought have shared another video drawing on material from April's More Than Any Other Day. The video, directed by Lara Oundjian, captures a dance piece choreographed to "Pleasant Heart" by Kaitlyn Ramsden and performed by Kiera Hill. It was premiered on Monday by Impose Magazine. Head over there now to watch.
- Ahead of the October 14 release of their self-titled debut, Last Ex have released a stunning animated video for their track "Girl Seizure", created by filmmaker Gabriel Mangold and premiered today by Drowned In Sound. They've also just announced they'll play several live dates in Europe in October and November, opening for Timber Timbre. Click through for dates, or head over to Drowned In Sound now to watch the video.